Tuesday, January 2, 2018

On Line Pug Haters Beware!

After being tagged on a friend's Facebook post (sending me a compilation of pug clips), I took a few moments to read the comments under mine. I was mortified and disgusted to read one disparaging comments about the breed after another. The theme appeared to be based upon the myth that pugs are stupid.  I couldn't believe my eyes.

I will offer here what I offered on FB.  Dogs, no matter the breed, will represent the training (or lack thereof) provided by their caregiver.  Before one decides on any breed it is their responsibility to do the research about the breed first.  Pugs aren't for everyone, but do deserve to be taking care of and given the care they need (and they do need some special care at times).

I have come to know a Golden Doodle who ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. Pete blows this dog out of the water when it comes to behaviour. But it isn't the breed...just the lack of training; the owners didn't take the time to train him so he behaves in kind.

So to you, pug haters, I suggest you examine the pug owner before you shame the pug.  Unfortunately, I know way more dog owners who just don't give a shit and will buy a breed just for their trendiness or look and then never walk the poor thing, feed it cheap food, and never take it to vet.  It makes me sad, but all I can do is take care of my own dog as best I can.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment