Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Beauty of Pug Snot

I just love this poem. This obviously comes from a person
well versed in the pug snot experience.
Three years ago, I would never have imagined I would be living with a snorting, snotty, shedding (albeit super adorable, funny, and highly intelligent) pug.  Before meeting Pete, I was warned by many of those pug websites that these dogs have the capacity to sneeze with ferocious power and little precision.  But really...how much snot can a small dog produce anyway?


It's been my experience that pugs do "snot" (I realize I'm using this word as a verb) and do it anytime, anywhere, on anything or anyone. I'm finding when Pete gets really excited about something, he tends to do it more often. Like when he's driving in the car with me to our morning hike in the woods and he leans over my coffee cup and let's out a loaded sneeze. Or when he's standing on my chest in the morning waiting "patiently" to go on our walks and sneezes all over me (I'm learning the signs before it comes now so I can take the appropriate cover) and the sheets.


Although I have referred to it as "liquid love" many times (usually those times when my husband is covered in it) but it's snot. It's a part of living with a pug and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I couldn't imagine living in a snotless world or a world without a serious of juicy sneezes coming at you on a lazy Saturday morning.  Just like a mother describing the joy she may feel when her baby barfs on her shoulder (kinda poking fun here)...it's not gross if it's your own pug's snot.



No comments:

Post a Comment